Friday, March 2, 2012

The Fault In Our Stars

Title: The Fault in our Stars
Author: John Green
Pages:313
Language: PG13 (63 light swears, 5 major swears)
Maturity: PG13
Content: PG/PG13
Level: High School/Middle School
Recommendation: Must Read but Optional

Summary: Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel’s story is about to be completely rewritten.Insightful, bold, irreverent, and raw, The Fault in Our Stars is award-winning author John Green’s most ambitious and heartbreaking work yet, brilliantly exploring the funny, thrilling, and tragic business of being alive and in love.

Review: The summary above does not do this book justice. I was hesitant to read this book due to content matter of other books by this author. I picked the book up anticipating that it would not get a good review . . ..but I have to tell it how it is. I fell in love with the characters in this book. I laughed, I cried, I cherished moments that the characters had, and I had to keep reading to see what would happen to these delightful young people. The only downer - - - language. There were a lot of swear words. (Probably not considered bad if you didn't live in a conservative town. . . but I do.) I would be very hesitant to recommend this book to conservative readers. So . . . .great story, amazing characters, beautifully told, but . . .reader beware.

No comments:

Post a Comment